Les pronoms personnels
The French language is known for evading repetitions of nouns as much as possible and you will find the expressions they use more and more interesting as you study. One of the most basic is Personal Pronouns (Les pronoms personnels).
There are 8 personal pronouns in French:
- Je meaning I (1st person singular)
Note: In front of a vowel, the “e” is replaced with an apostrophe (J’aime)
- Nous meaning we (1st person plural)
- Tu meaning you singular (2nd person singular) and also for familiar relationships (family members, friends, close partners).
Tu es gentil
- Vous meaning you plural (2nd person plural) and also for formal relationships (business colleagues, senior officials, strangers, market sellers)
Vous êtes gentil.
- Il meaning he; Elle meaning she; on meaning one or it (3rd person singular)
Il est mon ami
- Ils meaning they (masculine); Elles meaning they (feminine) (3rd person plural)
Thank you for reading this article; we hope you understood? Remember to clap and follow us for more. If you have questions, you can leave them in the comments.